25 Benefits of Wood Window Shutters
Interior shutters are timeless. Here are 25 benefits of shutters and reasons they have become such a popular addition to American homes. The benefits of shutters are overwhelming and can be a part of your next home improvement project.
- Interior shutters are a permanent addition to your home, unlike many other treatments which must be periodically replaced.
- In rooms that you wish to darken, shutters block out more light than most other window coverings.
- Light can be filtered in different ways by rotating louvers to various angles.
- Quality window shutters increase a home’s resale value.
- Shutters minimize allergens with solid surfaces where dust can’t linger and easily wipe clean, unlike soft window treatments.
- Shutters keep house cooler in summer by deflecting direct sunlight.
- Wood shutters keep the house warmer in winter by providing additional insulation to the window.
- Shutters reduce utility bills because of reasons 7 & 8.
- Shutters look beautiful from the outside as well as the inside of the home.
- Shutters don’t fade like drapes, shades, or curtains.
- Shutters are durable to withstand regular daily use in residential or commercial environments.
- Interior shutters are available in an endless number of paint or stain colors to match the existing décor.
- Adverse to trends, shutters have been consistently used for decades without looking dated.
- Shutters appear upscale with a price tag lower than many designer draperies.
- Shutters can be installed by most homeowners with basic installation skills and right instruction.
- Shutters can be installed to cover only the bottom of a window (café style).
- They’re green! Wood shutters are naturally constructed from sustainable woods, like basswood.
- Horizon shutters are manufactured in the USA.
- A large variety of panel configurations allow shutters to be installed on almost any window size or shape.
- Shutters are hinged in the window opening so they can be opened for maximum access to the window.
- Interior shutters are versatile enough to fit in any décor, from ultra-modern to traditional to transitional.Craftsman, modern or traditional.
- Louvers may be opened slightly to achieve privacy while simultaneously allowing natural light is able to enter the room.
- Interior shutters are absent of strings and cords which can be dangerous for children.
- The life expectancy of Horizon shutters far exceeds any other window treatment.
- Shutters are often sold at a higher price point than other window coverings, but are a far greater value because of many reasons above.
One last item on this list of benefits of shutters is feedback you receive. Friends and family will regularly pay you complements about about how good your windows look.
By Brian Wright