Shutter Photo Contest
Your picture of Horizon Shutters could win you a $300, $200, or $100 gift card to a large national home improvement store!
Horizon Shutters reside in homes around the country. We receive positive feedback from many of those homeowners, but are not often able to view the final installation. Here is your opportunity as a Horizon Shutters customer to show-off your beautiful home for a chance at one of three great prizes.
Send an email to “horizonshutters(at)gmail.com” by 12:00 midnight Central Standard Time, May 15, 2013 with subject “Horizon Shutters photo contest”.
Include the following:
- A picture, or pictures, of installed Horizon shutters. Photographs must be uncropped in digital format with a minimum size of 1,200 wide if a horizontal image or 1,200 tall if a vertical image. Pictures may be lightly edited. One picture per room is eligible for entry.
- Name, address, email address, phone number, and Horizon Shutters order number (if known)
- A brief description of your experience with the company and product
This contest is only open to past and current customers of Horizon Shutters. All entries must be approved by the Horizon Shutters staff, who may deem any photo ineligible before contest begins on May 16, 2013. Entrants will not be publicly identified by name. Pictures must be sole property of the entrant. Photos will be presented in the order they are received.
Voting and Prizes:
Photographs will be uploaded to the Horizon Shutters page on Facebook and ready for voting at 12:00 noon Central Standard Time May 16, 2013. Entrants do not need a Facebook account. The picture that has the most number of “likes” at 12:00 noon Central Standard Time on June 1, 2013 will be awarded a $300 grand prize gift card to a large home improvement store. The picture with the second most “likes” will be award a $200 gift card to the same store. The photograph with the third most of “likes” will be awarded a $100 gift card to the same store. In the event of a tie, the prize amount will be equally divided. Only one winner per household allowed. Gift cards will be sent to the provided address between June 1 and June 10, 2013.
Entrants grant Horizon Shutters a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, reproduce and create derivative works of the photograph(s) entered.
- Use a standard digital camera attached to a tripod if available for best results. Mobile devices and cell phones do not generally provide the best results.
- Take multiple pictures using multiple settings at multiple angles. Select the best composition to enter the contest.
- Take pictures in the early evening, morning, or on a cloudy day when outside light is dimmer but and not at the most intense. Wide open louvers are the most difficult to photograph. Louvers positioned slightly open or all the way down reduces hard to overcome backlighting.
- Increase interior light as much as possible to avoid using a built-in flash which can cause hotspots on the shutters or window glass. A large detachable flash may be used tilted 45 degrees up from forward or a flash with a diffuser.
- Full wide-angle room scenes are generally more compelling than close-ups.
- Create a mood with one distinct object (statue, candle, books, blanket, dog, place setting, etc). Also, remove any family pictures or personal items from the area.
Good luck, and don’t forget to vote starting May 16!